Wednesday, April 25, 2007

lifes lessons i learned from the movies

movies are meant to entertain us, cheer us up and let us forget about our daily worries and anxieties. since i've married, i haven't had the time to go to the movies however, if i have time, i visit my firendly neighborhood movie retailer (read: dvd, dvd) and buy some movies i may have missed. lately, i have been watching films that have been memorable for me. i really can't understand how i feel about the movies i've watched lately but i've been getting life lessons from them. ( this may be a sign of old age already, but nonetheless, i enjoy it.) i just like to share the latest i've learned while watching a movie.

watched "click" yesterday at home. a really entertaining film but is really different from past adam sandler movies i've seen.( we're big adam sandler fans so with will smith, so me and wifey never miss their movies. we also saw " the pursuit of happyness,but that may be for another entry.) what made it interesting was the fact that since it deals with the dilemma of attending to one's career and family life, i can somehow relate to the premise of the film. the lines " .....family, family, family,...." uttered when he was dying really had a strong message i could still feel radiate in me up to now.

perhaps, it made such an impact on me because there are times when i want to focus on my work and tell wifey that the work i'm doing is part of my responsibility as the coach, as the teacher or whatever...come to think of it, where should my biggest responsibility lie, on my work or to my family?
i guess a large portion of ones responsibility should be with his family or at least it was what i got from the film. the common adage " don't take things for granted" should really apply to families. of course its very tempting to say that my family will always be here for me so i attend to things that are of the minute, but we have to remember that we may also miss out on the little memorable moments of our family.
- you may never be able to tast your wifeys home cooked meals again. (she may only dare once.)
- you may miss out on the laughter shared by your relatives, (they may stop visiting you.)
- you may miss out on all the first things your baby will do. (first steps, first words uttered, etc.)
enjoy every minute we shall spend with our families. don't be tempted to push the "fast forward button" that life just passes us by without us even noticing it. the next thing we know, we have already skipped a chapter of our lives, our families lives.
these are the life lessons i learned from this movie and this experience really makes me change the way i watch films.
(this part is for my friend who is finding it difficult to face the world: watch this film, and enjoy every moment of the film. don't push the chapter select and skip on the great parts of the film. you know where to find me in this part of cyberspace.)

No comments: