Monday, March 19, 2007

work, work, work

the past few days have been very busy for me. i have been juggling my time between computing grades, coaching and taking care of my baby. here is an update on the things that has kept me busy for the past few days:
computing my grades: i just finished them...i have just printed the last grading sheet.
coaching: we entered a 3 on 3 tournament and the finals were conducted last saturday. only 3 teams which we composed made it to the semi's and the finals. congratulations to team buchike for winning the 3rd place in the 10-under category, team assasins for getting the 1st runner up and team squakboom for winning the 4th place in the 12-under category. kudos to all the teams that participated in the said tournament....animo ateneo!
taking care of my baby: i guess this task will never get done...everytime i take the reigns in taking care of gabby, there is something new i learn. the latest i learned is that classical music can help indeed soothe the baby if the baby seems stressed. wifey and i tried it during the wee hours of saturday during the time when gabby seemed so distressed that nothing we do can keep her from crying her heart out. once the cd played, it worked wonders, gabby began to ease out on us until she was able to fall asleep. (i guess, gabby is undergoing the many changes in all her patterns like sleep, eat and play. nothing wifey and i can do anything about.) also, yesterday, gabby was left to my sole care when yve and our househelp went shopping. it was then that i discovered that gabby can be left on her own already. i was able to leave her temporarily when i had to get the laundry. i was able to finish my household chore before she gave out her usual cry signifying that "dad, ako naman asikasuhin mo." and true enough when i reached her, she began to stop crying and gave me her sweetest smile.
these were the things that has kept me busy the past few days and now that summer is fast approaching, there will be no more grades to compute and tournaments to coach at, but i will have all the time to care for my wife and our little angel, gabby.

No comments: