Tuesday, October 9, 2007

yo joe




went to the local mall yesterday with wifey. everytime we go to the mall, i would always frequent the toy department to check for new action figures. something caught me unaware yesterday at the toy section, these action figues are all for sale....the toys of my childhood are once again finding their way to the local shores....i'm a child of the 80's and these action figures are very much a part of my childhood. can't resist to look at them figures and see if they are really real. (backstory: i've been searching for this line of toys for years after i misplaced the last figures i had at my own room...that was before i got married. upto now, whenever i go home, i still try to look for those toys i lost....i never really got over them afterall. i tried the other soldier action figure line created by bbi, the elite forces line but they didn't live up to the experience of having a gi joe.) now, with my discovery, i can't wait for the next payday to buy me at least one action figure i can play with. i'm planning on buying the major bludd figure i posted above. then slowly build up on my collection again. (i have thought about my early christmas wishlist but i guess, i don't need one. i just want my gi joe.) this time with the new releases from hasbro which they say will run upto 2008. this year really is a tribute to all things about my childhood and all the children of the 80's. (i just hope that wifey allows me to indulge on this....hehe)

No comments: